Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Six Favorite Paintings of 2011... #4 Desert Dreams

'Desert Dreams II' 11x14 pastel ©Karen Margulis
The paintings I have chosen to be my favorites all represented a personal accomplishment. For this painting I was happy that I was able to interpret the bushes and desert plants without putting in too much detail. I was happy to leave a lot of the oil stain underpainting. I enjoyed using Terry Ludwig's Arid Landscape set exclusively for this painting. If you have some Christmas money and you are looking to buy a nice set of pastels, check out the Arid Landscape set by Terry Ludwig. I have discovered that it isn't just for arid landscapes. It is a wonderful and versatile set!

No comments: