Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Painting the LowCountry Marshes

'Morning Marsh' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis
Purchase this painting. $125. Here
We all have our favorite places. I have many favorites. One of them is the Lowcountry Marshes of the South Carolina and Georgia coast. I love the wide open feeling and the way the light and colors are constantly changing. I love to paint the marshes but it can be challenging to simplify all for the grasses! I have several techniques that I use in my painting including Oil underpaintings. I will be sharing my techniques at my upcoming mini workshop on painting the marshes on April 29th. I have a couple of opening so if you can join me please email me to register!
You can read more about oil underpaintings on my post here.
See more of my Marsh paintings here

I am posting from the airport on my way home from Las Vegas. I will be posting a trip report this week. The Plein Air convention was awesome!

1 comment:

Meredith Adler said...

I like the glow of this one, Karen, and I'm glad you had a good time at the convention.