Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Plein Air Tips #6 Promote Yourself!

'Season's End' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis
Purchase painting $125 here

Part of the fun in painting on location is talking to the people who stop to watch. Unless I am at a timed event where concentration is important, I don't mind talking to the curious who have questions. I've seen funny t-shirts that answer the sometimes silly questions we get. But artist Becky Joy had a better idea. Why not promote yourself by wearing a t-shirt with your own art. She suggests putting your website and QR code on the back so people who don't want to interrupt can still learn about you by looking you up! See Becky's great video on promotion HERE
Make sure you have some business cards handy. I always seem to forget and usually have some requests so be sure to pack some cards in your bag.

2 comments:

luc said...

I love your work,its a big help for a hobbypatselist

Karen said...

Thank you Luc. I love to share what I have learned and I am happy of find it valuable!