|'Desert Grace' 6x6 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
purchase here $50
|Step one: Draw with charcoal|
|Step two: Start coloring!|
- All you need is a piece of paper, a piece of compressed charcoal and some pastels.
- Choose a fairly simple subject. You will be simplifying the subject with a simple like drawing (a great exercise)
- I start with a light pencil drawing to block in my composition. I then outline with the charcoal pressing hard for nice bold dark lines.
- Now I get to color! I don't worry about staying perfectly in the lines.
- When I am finished with the color I go back with the charcoal or a charcoal pencil to darken the lines.
|'Aspens' 5x7 pastel|