Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Art Supplies in Unexpected Places


'Winter Warmth'             5x7              pastel


You never know what art  goodies you will find while shopping.  I usually find the best stuff for art in my thrift store treasure hunts. But today I found a treasure in the most unexpected store.....Target!  My daughter and I decided to tackle out Christmas shopping today and Target was our first (and only) stop.  We had our list and knew that we would be able to find just about everything we needed.  Our family only does a grab bag gift exchange so shopping really is easy.  I wasn't looking for anything for myself but when I found these treasures in the stocking stuffer aisle I was thrilled!

A golf towel turned into a pastel rag from Target
I found these great golf towels for only $3 each.  They are the perfect size for clipping onto my painting apron.  The size of the towel is perfect for wiping hands and pastels while painting.  I usually take a dish towel and throw it over my shoulder but having the towel attached to my apron will be a better solution.  The towel comes with a metal clip.  I will probably use some of my dishtowels and just poke a hole in them for the clip.
I had been on the lookout for golf towels like these but I didn't want to pay a lot for them and I don't have a golfer husband!
So when doing your Holiday shopping this year, keep your eyes open for goodies you can use for art!

1 comment:

Cheri Halsema said...

Really like "Winter Warmth". Nicely done.