2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite Paintings of 2012 ....Skies and Clouds

'Pink Sky at Night'       11x14     pastel    ©Karen Margulis
available for purchase $175 Paypal
I learned a lot from my year of experimentation.  I learned what subjects I didn't care for and I learned what subjects pulled me in.  I took a six week figure painting class and painted from live models.  It was a great challenge but my heart wasn't in in.  Maybe someday I will be drawn to the figure but for now it is the landscape that makes my hear sing.

I am never tired of painting the ever changing sky and clouds.  I love to play with color in the clouds.  It means I have to simplify the ground so that my clouds can be the star of the show.  I chose this 11x14 pastel as one of my favorites because I was happy with the simple foreground and loved the colors in the sky and clouds.

In 2012 I experimented with various ways to portray the sky and clouds and found a fun technique which I will share in my next post.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy and creative New Year!!

No comments: