Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Favorite Paintings of 2012 ....Skies and Clouds

'Pink Sky at Night'       11x14     pastel    ©Karen Margulis
available for purchase $175 Paypal
I learned a lot from my year of experimentation.  I learned what subjects I didn't care for and I learned what subjects pulled me in.  I took a six week figure painting class and painted from live models.  It was a great challenge but my heart wasn't in in.  Maybe someday I will be drawn to the figure but for now it is the landscape that makes my hear sing.

I am never tired of painting the ever changing sky and clouds.  I love to play with color in the clouds.  It means I have to simplify the ground so that my clouds can be the star of the show.  I chose this 11x14 pastel as one of my favorites because I was happy with the simple foreground and loved the colors in the sky and clouds.

In 2012 I experimented with various ways to portray the sky and clouds and found a fun technique which I will share in my next post.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy and creative New Year!!

No comments: