Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Fun with Pastels....Painting Snowmen

'The Dusty Snowman'           5x7        pastel      ©Karen Margulis
I am waiting for the Art Club to visit my studio today.  A group of 14 children will be coming to see a working artist's studio and to try pastel painting.   I am all set up and looking forward to introducing them to the wonderful world of pastels.  I'll be doing a demo and thought it would be fun to paint some snowmen.  I did a warm-up with my Dusty Snowman painting.  This snow lady  loves pastels. There is not a pastel brand or color that she doesn't like. She is always happy to add another set to her collection!

'The Plein air Snowman'         5x7         pastel 
This is the Plein air Snowman. He is happiest when painting outdoors...preferably in the cold snow!

Both snowman paintings are done on Uart paper with no underpainting and using a variety of soft pastels.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these Snowmen paintins, as they brought a big smile to my face.

Chunbum Park said...

Very nice! I got to see snowmen without feeling the cold!