|'Vintage Treasures' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
available on Daily Paintworks auction starting bid $50
The idea was to capture the shine and sparkle of these beautiful vintage ornaments. I have a nice collection of these ornaments that I have gathered from my thrift store treasure hunts. As a side note, my sister and I sell Christmas ornaments in out ebay store and we are having a sale this week. Check it out if you like to collect ornaments! http://stores.ebay.com/Recycle-Sisters-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
I will be painting more of these ornaments this month and will blog about tips for painting the shine. But for today I'd just like to share. These wet all done on Canson Mi-tientes paper.
|'Beach Treasure' 8x10 pastel|
|"Treasures from my Past' 5x7 pastel|
- Surf your favorite online art stores and fill your wish lists and shopping carts with needed or wanted supplies.
- Catch up on your favorite art blogs and bookmark things that inspire you.
- Sign up with Pinterest and follow your artist friend. There are many people posting wonderful art on Pinterest. It is a very inspiring place for artists and art lovers.You can follow me at www.pinterest.com/karenmargulis/
- Take out some of those art books you've been meaning to read. I have shelves full of books and many I would love the time to reread them. Laying in bed is a good time for this!
- Take out your calendar and plan your art events for the coming months. This kind of housecleaning often gets overlooked when you are busy.
- Plan your next painting. Get your ideas together and when you are back on your feet you will be ready to paint!
Hopefully I will be back to the easel by tomorrow but I'll have to see. I am expecting a package from Blick today with a new pastel set so I may just have to drag myself to the table to try them out!