Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Sky is the Limit...Fall Adventure Day 4

'September Sky'. 5x7. Pastel

Let the workshop begin! We are ready for the Stan Sperlak workshop which begins this evening with a meet and greet at Stan's farm. We spent a leisurely day wandering back down to the beach for more photos. We stopped for some groceries for our workshop lunches of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I had to get more fudge, Utz extra dark pretzels and some Yodel cakes....all goodies I can't get in Georgia.

I took some time this afternoon getting my paper taped to my boards. I also did my 5x7 daily painting. This one is from my memory of the sky over the beach this morning. I was intrigued by the wispy clouds overhead and the small puffy ones near the horizon. Here is a photo of the scene and my painting is how I remembered it.

Overall a very low key day. We needed this 'brain dump' as I am sure Stan will be working us hard! We are supposed to come to the meet and greet with 2 goals for the workshop. I'll share mine along with a full report tomorrow!

 

No comments: