|'Mountain Study I' 4x6 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
purchase here $35
It woke me out of a sound sleep. I get my best ideas when I am drifting off to sleep but this idea woke me up. I couldn't wait until I could get to the store to see how it would work. I am happy to say it works as planned and I can't wait to take it on the road (or the high seas)
What is it? The best way I have come up with so far to protect and transport finished small pastel paintings when traveling. I love to bring along my small pastel travel kit when I travel. It is easy to stash and set up quickly to paint. I usually paint minis 2.5x3.5 up to 5x7. The challenge is protecting and transporting the finished paintings.
I have used clear bags, small notebooks, foamcore sandwiches and small magazines. All work but once the paintings are finished and put away it is hard to take them back out to share with others.
Not any more! I will be using thin, lightweight photo brag books!
|'Mountain Study II' 4x6 pastel|
- I found a 4x6 photo brag book for $1.50 at Michaels Art and Crafts. ($1.13 with a coupon)
- I can slip each finished painting in the plastic sleeve. It will be protected but I can now share my finished work with the curious. I can store them in the book once I get home as well.
- This book holds 36 4x6 paintings or if I am painting 2.5 x3 .5 it will hold 72 paintings!
- It is very thin and lightweight, perfect for slipping into my pastel kit.
- The books are cheap enough to use a fresh one for each trip. I need to stock up!
|Protecting mini pastels 2 per page|
|protecting a 4x6 painting|
Now I need to find something similar for 5x7 and 8x10s!
Just a reminder that this week is the last week to be entered into my drawing for an 11x14 pastel. If you purchase one of my mini pastels you will receive an entry. The drawing is on January 31! Visit my Etsy shop to see all of the available paintings. $15 each