Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Transforming the Studio for Christmas

'Winter Delight'              18x18             pastel              ©Karen Margulis
sold
The elves were busy this week. My studio was magically transformed into the dining room for Christmas.  The plan was to host Christmas dinner for my family. There would be 16 of us for a sit down turkey and ham dinner. The biggest room in the house is my studio so I set about rearranging tables to accommodate everyone.  I hung lights and paper stars and took out my china and silver. I put out all of my winter paintings on display. I unplugged all of my fluorescent lights and the mood was set. I was excited!

Then the day before Christmas Eve my cousins got sick with flu. They were planning to host Christmas Eve dinner but had to cancel. We needed a plan B so with the help of my sister, brother-in-law, Michael and the kids we got to work to make a plan. We decided on prime rib and all the fixings. We braved the crowds in the rain at Costco to get the supplies and got the house ready for not one but two big family get-togthers.  Christmas Eve was a success and now after a relaxing Christmas morning watching baby Greta open her presents, we are ready for another fun filled day and dinner in the studio!


My studio transformed into the dinging room!

Here's to Family!
I wish all of you a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to another year full of exciting adventures to share with you!

2 comments:

Susan E. J. White said...

Karen, your studio is lovely. Would you share info about your table lights that look like trees or branches?

robertsloan2art said...

Oh wow that is lovely! You really laid on a good spread. Heck of a story, people are going to tell about this one for years now.

Love the way your studio looks all decorated.

I didn't decorate this year or do anything but sleep, since I caught a bad cold. So it goes. I had a good Solstice and didn't catch it till after Solstice so it could have been much much worse.