|'June Meadow' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
Painting available $145
All I use is a point and shoot digital camera and take a photo of the painting while it is still up on the easel. Nothing fancy. I just point and shoot and keep the flash on.
|My easel and current painting. When I am finished painting I take the photo|
- I use a Panasonic Lumix digital camera set on a medium quality setting.
- I always keep the flash on.
- I don't use a tripod but I do have steady hands.
- I stand about 4-5 feet from the painting and zoom into the painting. I don't crop it in the camera but leave a bit of the foamcore showing.(I will crop it when I upload the photo to my computer)
- I have two fluorescent light fixtures over my easel area. I keep a warm and cool bulb in each.
- This balance of light along with the camera flash results in color that is very true to my paintings.
- I upload the photos to my computer. I have an iMac and use iPhoto. I crop the photo in iPhoto. Occasionally I need to adjust brightness, contrast or saturation which is easily done in iPhoto. 95% of the time I don't have to make adjustments.
|My fancy lighting!|