Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Plein Air Painting in the Snow

I

It has to be quick and easy. Painting outside on a cold winter day is exciting but if it isn't easy to set up and put away it can be a challenge. I am in Crested Butte Colorado this week. The plan is to relax, take lots of photos and paint some. So I brought my smallest kit. I will blog in detail about the kit but I wanted to share some photos with you while I am here.
The top pastel painting is 5x7 on Fisher paper.
                                    
                                    
I forgot my wipes so I had to improvise with a chunk of ice! It was actually pleasant with the sun so I painted 4 studies. It I supposed to snow tomorrow so I will try to write an update!
         

1 comment:

Becky Chappell said...

Karen, beautiful as always! Thank you for painting with me today! I am looking forward to getting out of my comfortable studio, out of my comfort zone and outside painting more!!