Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Studio by the Sea...Painting in Iceland


I still am in awe of the light here in Iceland. The sun sets at midnight and rises around three so it never really gets dark. It's more like an extended twilight. 

I've made it a point to take a picture of the view from the studio window at all hours. The view is never the same. I could paint the view every day and never be bored with it. I've painted it three times now. I know that these studies will help me be more sensitive to this wonderful landscape.



The view from the studio window. On a clear day you can see the snow covered mountains and Reykjavik. It's been overcast and cloudy but I am hoping for clear weather before I have to leave!


All paintings are 5 x 7 pastels






No comments: