Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, October 21, 2016

Guess the Mystery Underpainting

'Just in Time for Gold'          9x12         pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available  $155
How about a little weekend fun? Today's painting was done on Uart 500 grit sanded pastel paper as a demo for my recent workshop in Pecos New Mexico. I am planning on sharing more about the underpainting but I thought it would be fun if you tried to guess what I did. I'll give you some clues and you can write your guess in the comments. I will answer with details in Monday's post. (I have special visitors this weekend)

  • It is a wet underpainting.
  • I used a brush
  • It is an unusual product
  • It was a lot of fun!
I love playing with different underpainting techniques. I am often asked how I decide what technique to use. I will answer what, why and how for this painting on Monday and will share some other underpainting posts from the archives this weekend while I enjoy my granddaughter!

No comments: