Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Plein Air Painting in California

                                      

I am behind! I had great intentions to post every day while I am on vacation but time just got away from me. I am also on a cruise with limited internet which makes blogging more challenging. But I have been painting! I have mostly been working on a new sketchbook with watercolor and I am loving it! I'll be sharing that as well. 
I am on the cruise with my husband Michael and we are cruising the California coast. We are in San Francisco today but we have stopped at Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. In Santa Barbara we got off the ship and I brought my plein air lite set up. It is a Heilman single sketch box with my 5x7 paper in a plastic portfolio book. It easily fits in my small travel Sea to Summit  backpack.  We did a Facebook live broadcast of my little palm tree painting. You can see it on Facebook. Just look up karen Margulis!

       

It was a gorgeous day and I couldn't resist doing a couple of quick studies! I hope to do another live demo from San Francisco tomorrow ! 
    

No comments: