Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Peace and Joy!

'Through the Woods'         3x10         pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available $75

I am home from my mom's birthday cruise and ready to spend a relaxing holiday weekend with my family. After I unpack I hope to get some studio time. I miss painting although I did manage to paint 20 mini pastels on the cruise. I will be sharing them this week.

For today's painting I took the test scrap of paper that I had used to illustrate painting tips for red and I did an alcohol wash. I never like to waste good sanded paper! It became a nice toned surface to paint a little slice of winter!

I wish all of my friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!  I hope you have a weekend filled with peace, love and joy! It has been such a joy to share with you all this past year!

test scrap before the alcohol wash

2 comments:

robertsloan2art said...

I love your mini pastels - and this is a lark! Washing out those red test swatches into something like an underpainting must have been a challenge! Love the way the red hints through all the white and turquoise on the painting, that's so effective.

Unknown said...

So enterprising! Love it!
Kath