Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday Studio Facebook Live Video: Painting Mini Pastels

'Colorado Sunset'         2.5 x 3.5      pastel      ©Karen Margulis
available $20
I love painting minis. There is always time to paint a mini and it is such a great way to develop great fine motor coordination with fat pastels! I also love to paint minis as studies for future larger paintings. Why spend a lot of time and energy and supplies on a larger painting unless you have an idea of how it might work. Painting a quick mini allows you to work out composition and colors.



For this week's live broadcast on Facebook I painted a couple of minis and shared some tips on how I paint and store them. Scroll down to see a few of the minis I painted.

Watch the Facebook Live broadcast at anytime by visiting my Facebook page here.


I used my Terry Ludwigs for these minis. This is the Richard McKinley landscape set.





There are 10 new mini pastel paintings available for a limited time at a discounted price of $20 each . Click here to see them all in my Etsy shop.


In tomorrow's blog post I will elaborate on how I use Clear Bags for my pastels. Click on the photo to see the sizes I use and be sure to check back tomorrow for more!

1 comment:

Shannon Crandall said...

Karen I love your video, as always. You are so kind as to show how you make certain marks on the backboard, but oh my gosh, my heart breaks a little because those TL pastels are so precious. :) I only have the favorite violets by Terry Ludwig and I am almost afraid to use them. Thank you for your generosity!