Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

New Sunday Studio Video Demo: Painting a Marsh


'Adventure Awaits'             11x14         pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available $175
I'm back to my happy place! Painting every day without anywhere to go or to be. I will be home for the next few weeks and making the most of studio time. Today I had some time to do a new Facebook Live demo. I have uploaded the video to my Youtube channel so if you missed it live you can now watch it on You tube. Here is the link: 

In the video I paint one of my favorite marsh scenes from the South Carolina Lowcountry. I share tips for starting a painting using extremes and using a value thumbnail. I didn't add the finishing touches on the video but the photo at the top of the page shows the finish. Have a look at the photo below which is where I stopped. Can you see what I did to finish the painting?


Below are some photos of the painting in progress and my palette of pastels. You can see that I made a test paper of my color choices to see how I liked them. It saves me much aggravation and prevents mud by choosing colors in advance!


This photo shows the value thumbnail that I used to start the painting


No comments: