Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

New Pastel Demo Video: A Spring Landscape Painting

'Spring Magic'           9x12         pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available $150
It's spring and by popular request my latest video is a spring landscape.  I begin the painting with a watercolor underpainting and build layers using my new Great American pastel set ( 91 half stick Richard McKinley Landscape) You can see the video demo through a special sneak peek on my Patreon page. I'd like to share the demo with everyone who reads my blog. I appreciate your support and hope you enjoy the video.

click here to view the demo on my Patreon page
click here for the direct link to YouTube

My reference photo and quick color study
The painting at the end of the video
After the video ended I took a break and came back to the painting with fresh eyes. I added a few finishing touches.

  • I refined the pink tree with more sky holes and I added some hints of pink behind the trees on the left.
  • I added some brighter spring green leaf marks to the trees.
  • I refined the yellow flowers in the foreground using them to lead the viewer into the painting.
  • I added some lighter and brighter green behind the tree line to add more depth to the landscape.
I hope you enjoyed the video demo and your sneak peek at my Patreon page. I hope that you will consider joining us! www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

No comments: