Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Clouds and Skies Oh My!


'Skies Over Colorado'        9x12         pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available $150
Do you want to paint beautiful skies and clouds? I love painting the sky but I wasn't always successful with my efforts. I would end up with boring blue screens and potato clouds!  I wasn't happy with my results so I spent time working on skies. I observed the sky. Painted it from life and developed some tips to help me create more authentic skies and clouds.

I have shared my growth and my tips here on the blog over the years. You can use the search function on the blog to read these older articles. You need to go directly to the blog at www.karenmargulis.com. Look for the search box on the right. Search for sky or skies or clouds.


cloud close up

If you want your information delivered in an easy to read  format with even more content then consider joining my Patreon page. You may be on the fence about joining. You may not wish to pay a subscription (it is $4 a month and can be cancelled at any time) But know that I work very hard to provide a comprehensive instructional experience that includes weekly videos, demos, lessons, handouts, challenges and the chance to share your work for feedback. I love to share here on this blog and that won't change but I welcome your support over on Patreon as well! Our topic for the month of June is Clouds and Skies!




The palette used for my sky painting

No comments: