Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 27, 2018

Make Time for a Mini Series

'Provence Impressions I'          2.5 x 3.5 inches      pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available in my Etsy shop here $25 
 I was in the mood to paint some minis. I enjoy painting very small pastels once in awhile. It is a good way to paint when you don't have time to get into the studio. I work at my dining table and watch TV. I have a small box of pastel bits and pieces and precut paper so it is easy to pull out this box when the mood strikes.

I really didn't intend to paint a series but after the third lavender painting I knew a series was born! With each little painting I felt more comfortable with the subject of the lavender fields. I was able to explore various angles without investing a lot of time and paper.  The series was giving me ideas that I could use for larger paintings. An added bonus was that I was using my scraps of sanded papers!

From now on I will remember to explore a new subject with a series of minis! Give it a try!



My mini pastels with some of the pastel pieces I used






All of these paintings are available in my Etsy shop for $25 each. They make wonderful little gifts and are great in little groupings. See them all up close in my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/karenmargulis

No comments: