Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Painting a Winter Wonderland: All I know in One Painting!




'The Path to Happiness'              9x12              pastel         ©Karen Margulis
available $165

I am spending the holidays at home this year. It will be a quiet year without some of my children and grandchildren but FaceTime will bring us together Christmas morning. I have been making time for painting in between baking. I love to bake when it is cold outside! 

I am in a winter frame of mind with my paintings. Everything I paint has to be filled with snow. I do this every year. I go crazy with winter scenes until I feel I have captured it then I move on. Today's painting was done for a demo video fro my Patreon page. It is a good painting to end the year because it covers everything I have shared both here on the blog and on my Patreon Page......planning a painting, choosing a palette, suggesting detail, creating depth, making an earth sky connection, creating a visual path for the viewer...

I used a smaller color study and a bad reference photo as inspiration and I transformed the painting into a more inviting scene. This is actually my tree here in Georgia after one of our unusual snowfall. Below you can see my working board.



If you would like to see the video it is available on my Patreon Page. ($4 pledge) I appreciate your support!!!   www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

No comments: