Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, June 10, 2019

Try This Fun Underpainting Technique! New YouTube Video




'A Walk on the Wild Side'               10x8             pastel           ©Karen Margulis
available $165

I have been wanting to do this for a long time. It was perfect timing. I had just enough wine left in the bottle for the experiment. It isn't enough for a full glass....really not much more than a sip. So I poured the white wine into a plastic glass and used it for an underpainting!

Did it work?  Watch the video to find out what happened!






Here is a photo of the resulting underpainting. Yes it did work and the results were fantastic! You can bet I'll be doing this again!

This is what pastel and white wine looks like!

a close up of the finished painting




No comments: