Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, November 23, 2019

What to Paint When You Have TOO Much Inspiration!


'Island Life'              9x12               pastel               ©Karen Margulis
available $175
I am a bit overwhelmed! After two month of travel I am filled with inspiration and thousands of reference photos. I don't really know where to begin because the trips were all so different.....from the cold and snowy fjords of Norway to the marshes of the South Carolina Lowcountry to the sunny Caribbean! I need some kind of plan but now the busy holiday season is upon us so I think I will resort to using my Inspiration Jar.

My inspiration Jar is filled with the photos I want to paint
I will fill this jar with small photos of the things I want to paint. I will mix up all of the trips. When I have time to paint I will randomly puck a photo. That is what I will paint! I can't really lose because I WANT to paint them all at some point. This way I can paint a variety of subjects that inspire me and perhaps a series will emerge!

The first painting was from the South Carolina trip. This was a wonderful getaway with my dear art friends. We have been doing this trip every fall for several years. I missed the last couple of trips due to workshops so it was wonderful to reconnect with my friends. I painted only oil paintings on this trip. I will share these in a post soon!

A warm and cool alcohol wash

There are still some special paintings available (some of my very favorites!) I'd love for them to have good homes so have a look and feel free to share the sale with your friends!



No comments: