Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, April 03, 2020

Let's Paint from a Crummy Photo: New Video Demo


'The Magic Hour'                 11x14                 pastel                     ©Karen Margulis
available $175

Join me as I paint from a crummy photo of the beach. My photo is bad. The exposure is off and the printer was running out of ink. I show you how I use a photo plus my memories and imagination to interpret the photo rather than copy it! Click on the link below to watch the video on my YouTube channel.









Here is the reference photo I used for the demo. The shadows are too dark and the shadow shapes are odd. I also remember seeing more color in the clouds. It was fun to use what I remember to interpret this bad photo!


No comments: