Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, July 03, 2020

The Secret to Painting Delicious Food! Watermelon Demo Video

'Summerlicous'             8x10              pastel               ©Karen Margulis
available $165 


We have been eating a lot of watermelon this summer. It is the favorite food of our granddaughter so we always have some on hand. I thought it would be fun to paint some watermelon to kick off the holiday weekend!

I made a video of the demo and in the video I share the secret to getting the watermelon to look frosty and juicy! Click on the link below to see the video on my YouTube channel. Please feel free to share the link to your friends!


                           https://youtu.be/t-1czhTiyMw               



A sneak peek at the secret! Iridescent pastels!

I began the painting with a wet underpainting using Derwent Inktense sticks and water

No comments: