Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, May 24, 2021

New Video Release: Painting People with Pastel!

                'Time for Ice cream'                6x6                 pastel                ©Karen Margulis 

I was looking back at what I was painting this time last year and saw that it was 'people month' in my Patreon group! That was a fun month and I need to revisit the subject again. I still have so many photos of interesting people!  Here is the link to the video. I'd love for you to have a look at the video. Your likes and comments are appreciated!


          https://youtu.be/KMUyu_vDjS8           


Here is the blog post I wrote about the video last year:

I have a pile of photos of interesting people. When I travelled I would always sneak some quick candid photos of interesting people. My good friend and wonderful Artist Marsha Savage calls them characters! As a professional People Watcher  I am drawn to these characters. I wonder about their stories. What are they doing? Who are they with? Where are they going? I always have my camera ready to take a quick incognito shot!

I have collected these photos but rarely paint from them. I needed a push to get started so I made 'People Paintings' a part of this month's Patreon focus. There is nothing like a good assignment to get me excited! The first painting in my new series is this 8x8 pastel on MingArt pastel paper. I pulled out my box of random Girault pastels. They were the perfect size, shape and consistency for my people.

I started with this trio at the cafe's ice cream counter in Avignon France. I was sitting under an umbrella on a very hot summer day enjoying my own ice cream cone when these three approached the counter. I decided that they were grandparents on an outing with their granddaughter and had stopped for the obligatory ice cream cone!



 IMPORTANT REMINDER: THIS BLOG IS BEING RETIRED IN JULY. I am now blogging on my new website www.karenmargulis.com. This blog can still be accessed but new content will be posted on the new blog. Feedburner manages the subscriptions to this blog and will stop in July. If you are getting email notifications note the they will end in July. I am looking into another subscription service but I would like to eventually phase out this blog and post only through my website blog. 

Head to my new website and sign up for RSS feed and my email newsletter. www.karenmargulis.com

No comments: