Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, January 30, 2022

From Drab to Fab! Punch up a Dull Winter Landscape: Video Demo




How would you paint a drab winter landscape that doesn't have the interest of snow? The colors are dull and very brown. The sky is overcast and gloomy. I answer the question with a demo! In this video I share how I take a drab winter reference and make it more interesting using a bold underpainting. I loved the underpainting process for this painting and plan to do more. Maybe I will even leave them alone! SUPPLY LIST 1. Uart sanded paper 9x12 2. Jack Richeson Underpainting squares 3. Terry Ludwig pastel Floral landscape set 4. Rembrandt pastels 5. Sennelier half stick pastels


Click on the link below to watch the video on my YouTube channel!






Enjoy the demo and join me in my Patreon group for an expanded lesson! www.patreon.com/karenmargulis


No comments: