Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Arches National Park part three

Here is the latest version of the painting I am working on at my pastel class. Scroll down if you missed the first two steps. Last night I added some color with my hard pastels trying to remember to keep the colors the right values. Then Marsha had me decide which area would be the focal point so that I could be sure to have the greatest contrast there. (By the way I just read an excellent article in one of Jayne's old pastel magazines about contrast. I'll try to sum it up in a later post.) Next I began with my softer pastels and did the sand. I am currently working on the rocks. For some reason I feel a little bit inhibited on this one. Maybe because I am supposed to be taking it slow..I don't feel as brave. But I suppose I need to learn to be more thoughtful so it becomes second nature to my brave and fearless side!

No comments: