Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, December 16, 2005

The Year in Review

'Plein Air Daisies'
This week on Wet Canvas, which is an art site I love to follow, (see link on sidebar) everyone on the Pastel Forum was invited to submit their favorite or most meaningful painting of 2005. I chose this one because I feel it was the most meaningful painting for me. I started taking lessons with Marsha Savage last January and it was the best thing I could have done! I dicovered quickly that I really loved pastels. They suited me and it was so much fun! But it wasn't until I took a Plein Air Workshop at Marsha's cabin in Blue Ridge, Georgia...that I really decided to get serious about my painting. I realized how important it was for me to paint. It was the perfect creative outlet for me...and believe me, I have tried everything over the years! (this was also where Jayne & I discovered that we were kindred spirits..and for that I am grateful) This painting of the daisies was done on location at the home of Mrs. Parks in Blue Ridge. I was packing up my supplies after a morning of painting plein air with the group. I couldn't resist trying to do a quick study of the daisies. So I set my easel up and quickly painted them. It just seemed to flow for me and it was so enjoyable. I was thrilled when during the critique, Marsha said she wouldn't mind owning this painting. I realized that perhaps I had something to offer with my paintings.

No comments: