Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Thoughts for the New Year

'Stone Harbor Marsh View 2005'
Happy New Year! The painting in today's post was done about a year ago at my second pastel class with Marsha Savage. I wanted to share it with you because I plan to do another one from the same photograph every January. I want to see how I change and grow as an artist. I feel like I have come along way in a year. I know I have learned a lot but also know that I have only scratched the surface. I have had a lot of fun which is the best part of all!
So, what do I have planned for 2006? Like the title of my blog states...I want to continue to paint my world ...wherever I may end up! I actually have spent the weekend going over our 2006 vacation schedule with my family and we have all agreed on our trips. I had hoped to go to France to paint with a group of artists...but I just found out my friend Cindy has friends we can stay with in the south of France...in between Nice and the Lavender fields (heaven!!!) So we are planning a trip for the summer of 2007. I plan to use this year to become a better painter. I will continue taking classes with Marsha. I have scheduled some workshops...one with Terry Ludwig and one with Albert Handell. I also am planning to take a workshop this fall with Lorenzo Chavez at a ranch near Taos, New Mexico. He was recommended by our teacher and I really admire his work...and besides....I LOVE New Mexico and we will be there for the start of the Albuquerque Balloon Festival which is a photographer's dream!
Another goal is to start doing a painting a day again....or at least every other day! So please stay tuned! Thank you all for looking!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one a lot. Certainly a worthy picture to do every year. Beautiful.