Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Daily Pastel Painting....Morning Magic

'Morning Magic' 8x10 pastel
This morning I took Jayne's reference photo that I used for the painting in the previous post and I zoomed in a little and painted another version.This time I used the gatorboard I had prepared with acrylic pastel ground tinted orange. My goal was to be very quick and not so fussy with the bits of color. This took me about 20 minutes. I could work on it some more but I think it expresses how I felt about the dunes that morning. And I do plan on painting those seagulls next!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Hmm. The fewer colors in the grass show it in more contrast. I'm like you, who would have thought that? Both paintings are nice. I like the quickie best.

Anonymous said...

These are both beautiful...can't wait to see your seagulls!

Karen said...

Thanks for your comments. I like the quickie best too. I want to try another one on the gatorboard. I am starting to like it!