Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hibiscus Painting...work in progress


I haven't posted a work in progress for awhile and I thought it might be fun to show how I have been working lately. I have been painting a lot of 5x7 paintings becuase they are easy to fit in during naptimes and evenings. My favorite set up for these is to use LaCarte paper on foam core and sit at my desk with my pastels and a towel...another towel on my lap and it works out great. For this hibiscus painting, I did the initial sketch with a pastel pencil. Then I went in and blocked in my painting with a mix of nupastels and polychromos. My goal is to try to keep the freshness of the underpainting and not over work the flower. Stay tuned for an update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing how you have been working...I always seen to think I need to be at my easel! I'll try this tonight! BTW, great start on your hibiscus!

Debbie