Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Lake Hiwassee Plein Air


After my gallery meeting on Saturday, I spent the day on my family's houseboat on Lake Hiwassee in Murphy, North Carolina. I was excited to have the entire day to paint. It turned out to be the most challenging plein air conditions I have experienced! It was very windy and I had to hold down my easel with one hand while I painted with the other. It was also a challenge to paint when the boat was rocking back and forth! There was no way I was going to get too precise! But I didn't give up and I did manage to paint three studies. I took a lot of photos too so I am sure my experience will be helpful should I decide to paint a Lake Hiwassee scene in the future!

No comments: