Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Aspens ...Part Two


Here is an update on my Aspens in the Snow painting. I've added the first layer of color with my hard pastels which are a mixture of Nupastels and Polychromos. Now if I remember correctly, Albert Handell worked on his focal point bringing it up to almost a finish....then he would know how much more of the painting needed to be developed. So next I will start with my soft pastels and work on the tree trunks. I want them to be the most detailed. I will do more to the background trees and snow but not too much....or at least that's the plan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen...this is looking really good! I'm so excited that you are doing a WIP! I love the purples and blues in the snow...can't wait to see your next step!

Debbie