Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Daily Pastel Painting... Christmas in Chicago

'Taxi!' 12x16
On my recent trip to Chicago I took many photos of the lights. It was so festive. It seemed like every tree lining Michigan Avenue was covered in tiny white lights. I took this photo right in front of our hotel, the Intercontinental. One evening there must have been a party because there were about 20 valet people all lined up on the sidewalk. I had fun with my new cityscape pastels and will be trying more scenes soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to be having fun with your new GA's...Nicely done! Looking forward to more of your cityscapes.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Karen- I love this! I was just in Chicago myself, took WAY too many photos. It is a lovely city. I look forward to seeing more from your trip. Happy New Year!

PS- Thanks for calling me a "collector"! An honor when it comes to your work!