Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Daily Pastel Painting...Window Shopping in Chicago

'American Girls' 9x12
Here is the first painting of my Chicago series. It was hard to choose what to paint first! I decided on this one of my daughter Caitlin and her friend Anna. We took them to American Girl Place in Chicago for brunch with their American Girl Dolls...a great experience that I highly recommend! This painting shows the girls looking at the window display. They are in their North Face jackets (early Christmas presents) and holding their dolls in front of them. Can't wait to see what they think of their first 'portrait' by me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen...I love this! I remember when my daughters were into the American Girl Dolls and books (my girls are 17 and 19 now). I love the composition and the colors! Beautifully done! How do you like the GA's?

Debbie

Karen said...

Thanks Debbie! I love the GA's and used my new set for this painting...for the building part anyway. Now I want to try a night scene!

Doris Joa said...

I too love this scene.
Happy Holiday wishes
Doris

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, looks like you had a great time in Chicago. Lovely painting of the girls.
Jo