Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Haybales Update

Here is an update to the hay bale painting. I added some more bales in the distant field. Do you think this works? It is hard to see the texture of the board in this photo but it really makes this more interesting in real life.
Trip News! It's time to plan for our family's summer vacation. We voted and the decision is to go to Colorado and New Mexico this June. We will fly into Denver and drive down to Santa Fe and Taos for a few days then back to the Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado and then to our own cabin with a private hot springs pool near Nathrop Colorado. Finally a drive over to one of our favorite places...Ouray. No trip to Colorado is complete without a stop here! I am planning to take a lot of photos and do some plein air painting. I got a great deal on air tickets this morning so the trip is official!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of spring! I really like the texture you have created with the gesso/pumice. Are you buying the gatorboards pre-cut?

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I think the bales in the distance add a lot of depth to this painting...the markings in the foreground bales are well done! I also like the colors in the trees to the right...beautifully done! I think all it needs is a frame!