Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Plein Air Daisies Studio Version

'More Daisies' 16x20
Here's yet another homework assignment. I have taken another painting I've done and painted a larger version. Again it is on the pumice gator foam. I bought some more gator foam and I plan to take pictures and post the steps when I prepare them...probably sometime next week. This painting is from a quick plein air study I did at my first workshop with Marsha Savage. It was almost time to pack up for lunch but I wanted to do another quick one...so I set up in front of this clump of daisies and painted. I always liked the painting but it was small and dark....so I thought the texture on the gator foam would allow me to keep the flowers fresh and painterly. It's fun to see this larger version!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and loose...Beautiful!! You do some amazing work!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

I really like this. I like reading about your assignments..all things I would like to try!