Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, February 26, 2007

My Hay Bale Painting

'The Three of Us' 16x20
Here is another homework assignment....We were asked to take a painting we've completed and paint it again, changing something. I decided to redo my hay bale painting. I did the original on a plein air outing last spring with the Georgia Outdoor Painters. The original was in David's Fine Art Gallery in Murphy, NC and has since sold. How did I make one this different? I did it much larger at 16x20 and I used one of my prepared gator foam boards that I had toned orange rather than sanded paper. I thought that the texture of the board would be good for this subject.
Update.....my husband thinks it needs more haybales in the distant field...too boring as it is...so I will try that and see what happens.

No comments: