Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Douglas Fir Cone Close-up

'Forest Treasures' 12x12 pastel
I am branching out away from marsh paintings with this close-up of a Douglas Fir cone. I am actually not sure if that's what it is...I looked in my Colorado nature book and that's what I think it is. I took the reference photo in Colorado near our cabin at Antero Hot Springs. I loved the shapes and colors and the design of this delicate cone. This painting is done on LaCarte paper. I started it in class last night and finished at home. I found that I desperately need to redo my travel pastel box. I was missing many of the colors that I used for the final touches on this painting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors...reminds me of fall!

Karen said...

Thanks Debbie!