Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Nags Head Outer Banks, North Carolina

'Stormy Dunes' 16x20 pastel on board
Here is the finished painting of Nags Head dunes. I was there a few years ago and the weather was the same so it was fun to use this reference photo....it took me back to a wonderful vacation on the Outer Banks. The house we rented was called Moon Dune and the view from our deck was very similar. I'd love to go back and paint on that deck! This painting is done on a 16x20 PastelBord which is a new surface for me to work on. I really enjoyed it and best of all it is so easy to frame...I put it in a 16x20 frame right against the glass and it looks great! See the post below this for more about this painting.

No comments: