Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, October 08, 2007

Sheep Pastel Painting

'Heads or Tails' 8x10 pastel
A friend and fellow artist sent me some wonderful sheep photos. She lives near a farm and was able to take some great photos of these guys. Thanks Wanda! I am going to have fun painting from these photos. Here is my first painting. I had to decide where to crop and I kind of liked the one sheep's backside next to the other two. It was fun to paint something whimsical!

2 comments:

CAROL cmcpaints@aol.com said...

Karen,
This one is GREAT!!! Love the many colors you put in the wool. Did you do an underpainting?
Carol

Karen said...

Thanks Carol. This was fun! No underpaintng on this one....it's on LaCarte paper and I started with the darks, built them up..added lights and filled in with midtones.
karen