Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Southwest Landscape

'Winter Colors' 19x27 pastel
Here is a change of scenery from my usual marsh scenes. I did this painting a few weeks ago as an experiement with bold colorful underpaintings. It is done on a full sheet of Art Spectrum paper which really isn't my favorite but it worked well for the underpainting. I just blocked in areas of color and put the paper on the floor and squirted it with water. Then I brushed in the colors using a foam brush. I really didn't add to much to the painting...just a few quick layers of pastel.

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, Nice painting. Very large. We forget when we see the small thumbnails how different they are in person. This portrays the feeling very well. Nice work.

Jo