Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sunflower Close Up

'Summer's End' 8x10 pastel
I couldn't resist painting a sunflower today. Thank you to Lisilk for the great reference photo in the wetcanvas.com image library. She always has shots that speak to me. I got some new books today that I can't wait to curl up and read. One is Bill Creevy's Pastel Book. I can't believe I never got that one. I want to try some of his techniques...especially the ones with fixative. I also got a book called 'Portrait of an Island' by Mildred & John Teal. It's about the natural history of Sapelo Island which is a Barrier Island off the Georgia coast close to Creighton Island where I will be painting in two weeks! I love books like that...I always like to know as much as possible about the places I visit. It makes the experience so much richer.

No comments: