Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back from Chicago

We got back from a very busy trip to Chicago to look at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago for Corey. It was awesome! The facilities are amazing...they even have a foundry on campus! Corey loved it and so we gave the deposit and he will be headed back in August for the Fall semester. We also saw the Edward Hopper exhibit and I loved it!! His paintings look so much more vibrant and luminous in real life. I especially love how he was able to capture the light. I bought the exhibit book and I intend to study his work. It is good to be home and hopefully I will get some painting time in this week!

2 comments:

Donna T said...

Congratulations to Corey for picking such an awesome school! I saw the Hopper exhibit in D.C. and it was amazing. I wish I had bought that book.

Karen said...

Thanks Donna,
We are excited about it...I want to attend Parents weekend this fall when you can take a class! I am going to try a lighthouse painting after I study Hopper some more.
Karen