Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Flower Farm

'The Flower Farm' 20x16 pastel
This painting is from a reference photo I took up in Cashiers North Carolina a few summers ago. I was at a Marsha Savage workshop and we painted at this spot. A local lady had fields of beautiful flowers that she would cut and put together gorgeous arrangements in coffee cans. I still have a painting I did of the arrangement and another one of this same field hanging in my home. I have a lot of my beginning paintings hanging in my home and studio. They have their charms but most of all they help me to see the progress I have made over the last three years.

2 comments:

Mariela said...

Very beautiful....

Karen said...

Thank you! I love to paint flowers.
Karen