Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Aspens in the Fall mini painting

'Aspen's in the Fall' 3.5x2.5 pastel
On Wednesday I like to report on what I did in pastel class Tuesday night. Last night Marsha had us bring only 14 pastels plus black & white (or close to it) We were to paint with this extreme limited palette using color temperature and mixing the colors we have to paint. I was not very successful. I didn't have a good color selection...that's my excuse! But I am not one to give up. I like the idea of the extreme limited palette especially for travel when you just can't lug your pastel box. So today I chose my 14 pastels based on the ones Michael Chesley Johnson used in his blog post about using an extreme limited palette. He used Nupastels so I picked the same ones and painted 3 minis (2.5x3.5) using just these pastels. The Aspens above is one of them. It definitely is a challenge but a good exercise to work with just a few colors. Thank you to Michael for a great idea and Marsha for sharing it with the class.

2 comments:

Stefano Maglovsky [stemamo] said...

wow, great stuff!

;)

bye!

Mariela said...

Excellent one!
I also work very often with limited palletes, it's the joy of creating color!