2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mountain Clover

'Mountain Clover' 11x14 pastel
Here is my demo painting from today's class. I had a request for a lesson on working with color and this demo helped me illustrate the ideas we talked about. We all tried working with a limited palette and keeping our pastels we are using seperate so we can get better color harmony. Everyone had success with their paintings and I hope had some fun in the process!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $175 USD
Or, send me an email

8 comments:

Deborah Secor said...

This one is so strong, Karen, for all the reasons you mentioned but also the strength of the strokes you've used! Wonderful work...

Great idea for a class too! Your students are blessed.

Susan Carlin said...

Beautiful!

Karen said...

Thank you Deborah for stopping by and for your nice comments. I will link to your blog and let everyone know about it!
Susan,
Thank you very much!

Karen

ginlammert said...

Wonderful use of color. I like the sense of balance in your work. May I add your blogspot and website to mine?

Karen said...

Thank you Gin,
I'd love for you to add my blog to yours. I love your 'other hand' series! Nice work!
Karen

Deborah Secor said...

Thanks, Karen!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

wonderful colors. wish I had been at that class:)

Karen said...

Thank you Rhonda!!!