Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mountain Clover

'Mountain Clover' 11x14 pastel
Here is my demo painting from today's class. I had a request for a lesson on working with color and this demo helped me illustrate the ideas we talked about. We all tried working with a limited palette and keeping our pastels we are using seperate so we can get better color harmony. Everyone had success with their paintings and I hope had some fun in the process!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $175 USD
Or, send me an email

7 comments:

Deborah said...

This one is so strong, Karen, for all the reasons you mentioned but also the strength of the strokes you've used! Wonderful work...

Great idea for a class too! Your students are blessed.

Karen said...

Thank you Deborah for stopping by and for your nice comments. I will link to your blog and let everyone know about it!
Susan,
Thank you very much!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Wonderful use of color. I like the sense of balance in your work. May I add your blogspot and website to mine?

Karen said...

Thank you Gin,
I'd love for you to add my blog to yours. I love your 'other hand' series! Nice work!
Karen

Deborah said...

Thanks, Karen!

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

wonderful colors. wish I had been at that class:)

Karen said...

Thank you Rhonda!!!